"The pieces are expressed in two layers: the materials that I paint on, and what is painted on this surface. Both of these elements are integral to the work, the surface having as much relevance as the images that follow. I choose from a collection of found materials to work on that may include old table tops, cabinet doors, and pieces of scrap wood and metal. The line drawings, markings, painted strokes and scribbles are made with oil, lumber stick, resin stick, charcoal, graphite and ink. I create these drawings/markings predominantly with my non-dominant hand. The use of my left hand allows me to draw in an unpracticed manner, and often rescues me from over thinking the work."
William Tucker, 2008
Conduit Gallery Exhibitions
- 2008 Fountainhead Artists' Residency, Miami, FL
- 2008 Koelsch Gallery, Houston, TX
- 2007 The Fallout Galery, Las Vegas, NV
- 2007 Rickspress Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
- 2007 Sarpa Studio, Culver City, CA