Susan Kae Grant
Susan kae Grant's photographs represent a significant collaboration of artistic and scientific inquiry into the nature of dreams, memory and the unconscious. Haunting iris prints recreate the fragmented and overlapping experience of dreaming. The current body of work is the culmination of seven years of research gathered through REM sleep conducted by the artist in collaboration with noted sleep researcher Dr. John Herman. Using herself as subject, the data gathered from Ms. Grants REM sleep was used as the inspiration to create the iris prints used in her Night Journey Series.
Conduit Gallery Exhibitions
- The Anchorage Museum of Art & History, Anchorage, AL
- Rare Books Library, New York, NY
- Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Art, Japan
- Haley Martin Gallery, San Fancisco, CA
- The Museum of Modern Art, Rio de Janerio, Brazil
- Camera Work, San Francisco, CA
- The Smithsonian Institute, Washington D.C.
- The Photographic Resource Center, Boston, NY
- The Photographer's Gallery, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- The Cocoran Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.